Friday, November 28, 2008

Signs of Success: A Book Review


Millionaires don't have astrologers. Billionaires do. ~ J.P. Morgan

That's one of my favorite quotes used in Signs of Success: The Remarkable Power of Business Astrology by Steven Mark Weiss. Signs of Success is an entertaining and insightful introduction into business astrology. The first few chapters give a general overview into ways astrology can be used in specific aspects of business, like trend forecasting. At the end of the book there is a chapter focusing on astrology and marketing, with McDonald's, Chanel and Apple used as examples.

My favorite part of this book is the section devoted to the sun signs and leadership (Being a Taurean leader, it's only fitting I'd love this archetypal exploration). I loved reading about Bill Gates' Scorpio deviousness and Steven Jobs' Piscean vision. And, I didn't realize that Martha Stewart and Julia Child were both Leos. At the end of each sun sign chapter, there are tips given for how to deal with them in the workplace. The best part of this section was gaining a greater understanding into not only my own approach to business, but also those around me. It gave me some insights into the motivation behind others' goals and actions.

This book is definitely more geared to people who are new to, and maybe even skeptical of, astrology. It's best for business people who are new to astrology, astrology lovers who want to start learning more about how to apply their knowledge to the business world, and anyone who wants to either be a better leader or simply understand their boss.

tags:

5 comments:

Steve Weiss said...

Thanks, Wendy. You made my day. ---Steve Weiss

Laura said...

Thanks for the informative review

Saravana Rajendra said...

Nice blog wendy, I am a numerologist and you can check out my numerology blog http://astronlogia.com. Your blog has now entered my fav blogs list :)

Sassy said...

Practical and applicative astrology seems as though it's making a comeback thanks to authors like Mr. Weiss.

Wendy said...

Thanks for the comments everyone! I'm so happy that my review was helpful.

Saravana Rajendra, I've added a link to your blog to my sidebar :)