Monday, July 28, 2008

Eris Musings

July 28th chart

I've had a bit of an epiphany about how Eris likes to show up in my life. It all started when I was reading an entry on April's blog called The Unexamined Life. She posed the question "Are you able to create when you're happy?" (I'm paraphrasing) I started thinking about it and realized that usually the source of my unhappiness is not creating. Julia Cameron writes a lot about how when artists aren't creating drama through their work, they create it in their lives. That tends to be the case for me.

Then Beth (who blogs at Starry Night Astrology and
Astrology Explored) asked what I thought about Eris now. I had to think about it a bit. I read the Eris myth, again. Holy, lightbulb moment Batman! Eris causes strife and discord basically because she was ignored. When I ignore my creativity what do I get? Strife and discord.

tags:

6 comments:

juliedemboski said...

Hi Wendy,

What a great revelation to receive! That's the kind of thing that can be life changing. For myself, I can only create when I'm happy--the rest of the time, I'm stuck, maybe shown by my brooding 10th House Saturn.

Hope you're doing well--thanks for this post; it's getting those wheels in my brain turning!

Julie

Starry Night Astrology said...

Wendy,

I've been working on Eris in the houses and this is what I have as a draft for Eris in the fifth:

"When Eris resides in the fifth house of romance and creativity, she gives you the power to create divergent forms that highlights societal problems caused by unequal power distribution. Your images, your writing, your music can inspire others with the power of your message. Likewise, if you misspend your gift, your art will devolve into pointless blame games. You must work to overcome that tendency in your life."

Does this track with you?

Leo said...

I like this blog. It is quite informative...!!

Feng Shui Tips

Wendy said...

Julie ~ I'm glad I could help get those wheels turning ;)

Beth ~ that sounds very fitting to me! Can't wait to read the rest of Eris in the houses :)

Thanks, Leo ;)

YourAstrologyGuru said...

This blog is quite nice and informative,we have the pleasure to post a comment on this usefull blog created by the webmaster,Now In this year
i.e 2008 Shradh begins from 16th Sept’08 with Pitru Paksha Shraddh,Shradh is the annual rituals dedicated to dead parents, relatives and ancestors
that are performed in the Krishna Paksha
of the Ashwin month in Hindi calendar, Shradh should be performed with a pious mind, Both male and female relatives of the dead can perform the rituals.

Have query ?

Related to Astrology,health,business,family

Call us at

+91-9899058512

YourAstrologyGuru

Voyance sérieuse gratuite par mail said...

I enjoyed reading it and I think other readers might enjoy reading it as well.Thanks.