Saturday, March 31, 2007

Jupiter Retrograde in Sagittarius

On April 6th, Jupiter turns retrograde in Sagittarius and moves forward again on August 8th. When Jupiter retrogrades, it can feel like all the air has been let out of the party balloons. This year it will feel more like a much needed respite, as Jupiter is kicking it in his own crib and can finally recover from squaring off with Saturn last year. Saturn is trining Jupiter this year (next one taking place around May 6th) which is as gentle as Saturn gets.

This is a good time for reassessing our goals, thinking about what we would like to expand in our lives, and seeking out ways to create more balance. Without Jupiter providing his usual mojo, it also serves as a reminder to ask ourselves WWSD? (What Would Saturn Demand) In other words, figuring out what structures we need to create in our lives so that we can sustain our freedom and growth. What limits do we need in our lives to be truly free and fulfilled?

tags: , , ,

9 comments:

Princess Haiku said...

I wandered into your space and glad I did as I found many interesting discussions.

Wendy said...

Thanks so much Princess Haiku! I'm glad you wandered in, too. :)

Princess Haiku said...

This Jupiter retrograde thing doesn't seem like much fun i must say. What does it do to planets it conjuncts?

Princess Haiku said...

Do you have any info on YODS in your archives?

Wendy said...

I haven't written anything about YODS yet. Are you looking for general info on them, or do you want to know something specific?

and to answer you other question... When Jupiter conjuncts a planet during its retrograde transit, it'll make three passes of that planet. So when transitting Jupiter first conjuncts a natal planet in our charts, it's like a magnifying glass letting us see the way it shows up in our lives. During the retrograde conjunction, the magnifying glass turns inward so we can see where the opportunities for growth lie. It's a time to process whatever the first conjunction brought up. And when Jupiter moves forward again, the third conjunction will show us if we got the lesson. Let me know if that makes sense or if you need more info.

I have Jupiter conjunct my natal Neptune so I'll be writing about my experiences with that. What planet is Jupiter conjuncting in your chart?

Princess Haiku said...

This makes sense and thank you for taking the time to answer my question. As as the YOD goes I was just interested in general.

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, I am so very tired now. Dont know much about astrology, but enough to believe it. My life has been on hold since november and I am now despreate to buy a flat but it seems like it will never happen. I am a Sagittarius, born the 24th november, 1976, 20:47 pm. Please Wendy if you can help to bring som clarity into my life I would be most grateful.

Confused Swedish Sag

forlaggaresokes@gmail.com

Princess Haiku said...

Shortly after Jupiter went retrograde the computer I was working on crashed and in the process of file transfer lost over 3 years worth of creative writing. Two days ago found an old computer in a closed with 70-80 percent of those files. This time I got it and am printing documents as I type this. I guess this is a good example of what you were talking about. I have reassessed my priorities.

Wendy said...

I sent you an email Confused Swedish Sag ;)

Princess Haiku, I'm so glad you were able to save most of your work!